Founded in 1935 by Morris ‘Mort’ Goodall the Aston Martin Owners Club is one of the oldest one-make car clubs in the world with one of the largest memberships, spread over five continents and sixty countries.
The first meeting took place in May 1935 and a committee was soon established to run the club. Many members raced at Brooklands circuit but most Club activities were social. Then, as now, ownership of a car was not a condition of membership. Since 1935 the club has grown from strength to strength and holds a wide range of activities from local area meetings to race meetings, road touring holidays, Concours and social events.
During the past 50 years the AMOC has had an increasing degree of professional administration. With help from the late Victor Gauntlett the Club purchased its own Headquarters. The Club is now based in a 15th Century barn located near Oxford, shared with the cars, artifacts and archive of the Aston Martin Heritage Trust.
Club publications, AM Quarterly, Vantage Point (for the USA & Canada), AM News and the website carry news and reports of the many Club events around the world. The Club Register continues to be the leading authority on the history of the cars produced over the years.
Enthusiasm and huge amounts of effort from both the professional headquarters team and the many volunteers within the membership ensures the AMOC continues to thrive.
Visit the AMOC Website for further information.