Company History 1949 - 1958
The David Brown Era
1947 saw the dawn of the 'David Brown Era' as the business was acquired by the English industrialist. With verve and energy the business expanded, with the next few years seeing the purchase of the Lagonda marque and the relocation of production to Hanworth Park, Feltham, Middlesex. The DB2 model entered production in the same year, quickly followed by 2nd & 3rd in class success at Le Mans in 1951.
Production was moved to Newport Pagnell in 1955 and the site became the home to the DB2/4, a car launched the year before. 1956, 1957 and 1958 saw further milestones for the company with the DBR1 race cars, DB Mk III and the DB4 all being introduced.